Who doesn't like brass with their hymns, especially on one of those "National Days?" Use these on any occasion when you might be indulging in patriotic ferver. We've also thrown in Jerusalem and Finlandia for those Anglican Fins among us.
Here are some arrangements and descants that really work - whether you have a full compliment of instruments, or maybe just a couple Finnish kantele players.
- America (My Country 'Tis of Thee)
- Finlandia (This Is My Song)
- Jerusalem (O Day of Peace)
- Lift Every Voice (Lift Every Voice and Sing)
- Materna (O Beautiful for Spacious Skies)
- Melita (Eternal Father, Strong to Save)
- National Anthem (O Say Can You See?)
- National Hymn (God of Our Fathers)
Brass quartet with Optional Horn in F - All parts are included on two pages (per hymn). The horn parts are in the back.
- Introduction: organ or brass or both
Verse One: 4 part brass and organ (SATB)
Verse Two: organ + trombone or horn countermelody
Verse Three: organ alone or with descant or brass alone
Verse Four: organ, descant + STB brass
OR descant + countermelody +SB
OR everything, if you have enough players.
Or, whatever you like! There are plenty of options and all parts work together. Recording: One verse - All parts together.
Want to download sheet music & see the whole preview?
We can't give away the farm! To gain full access to the music catalog, become a subscriber! Sign Up