- Text Writer: Olivia Turner
- Worship Use: Thanksgiving/Praise/Choir Dedication
- Vocal Part(s): Unison
- Vocal Range: e-e’
- Key: G major
- Meter: 2/2
- Accompanying Instrument(s): Piano (or organ)
Target Age Group: Grades K-2 or Grades 3-6
Description: Father, Bless the Songs was composed for our Viva Voce curriculum. This sweet, lyrical anthem is ideal as a prayer for Choir Dedication Sunday and/or to be sung as a choral benediction at the conclusion of each week’s rehearsal. Although some of the phrases are somewhat long for younger children, this may serve as a useful vehicle for working on lengthening phrases your younger choristers are comfortable singing.
- bar 5: “Fa-ther” – ascending minor 3rd
- bar 7: “Fa-ther” – ascending major 3rd
- bar 8: “as we sing to you” – ascending/descending minor 3rds
- bars 9, 10, 11: echoing each interval (experienced choristers should identify each interval by ear)
- Vocal Production: Learning to sing longer phrases, breath support
- Intervallic Tuning: Tuning melodic intervals
- Interpretation: Singing with dynamics; shaping phrases
Father, bless the songs we bring to you.
Father, lead us as we sing to you.
Keep us ever mindful that our
Music comes from you.
Father, keep us singing prayerfully.
Father, keep us listening carefully.
As we join our hearts and minds to
Better learn to worship you. Amen.
Want to download the sheet music?
We can't give away the farm! To gain full access to the music catalog, become a subscriber! Sign Up