Grade 3-6 Children’s Choir (or ANY age choir) for two-part treble voices and organ
Text: Luke 1:46-55
Vocal Range: c to a flat’
Key: A flat major
Description: Premiered by the Ely Girls’ Ghoir in March, 2012, the Magnificat and Nunc dimittis are welcome additions to our 2012-2013 Viva Voce curriculum. Beautifully composed by Sarah MacDonald, conductor of the Ely Girls’ Choir and Co,Ordinator of Organ Studies at Cambridge University, these settings are both inspirational and accessible.
- Teach the choristers to sing the melody on the syllable “lo,O” by intervals, using the piano only as a reference when needed.
- Teach the choristers to memorize the text.
- Teach the choristers to sing the melody sing the melody and words, learning to take pitch cues from the piano.
- Teach each phrase with text and melody (and harmony, when the second part is being sung) together, carefully tuning harmonic intervals between parts.
- Polish the anthem(s), emphasizing dynamics, expression and breath support.
Want to download the sheet music?
We can't give away the farm! To gain full access to the music catalog, become a subscriber! Sign Up