- Text Source: Psalm 145, adapted R. A. Wylie and E. R. Larter
- Worship Use: Praise/Choir Dedication
- Vocal Part(s): Unison, with opt. 2nd pt.
- Vocal Range: f-f’
- Key: B flat major
- Meter: 3/2
- Accompanying Instruments: Organ (or piano) and trumpet in B-flat
Target Age Group: Grades 3-6
Description: Based on the Hornpipe from Handel’s Water Music, beautifully adapted by Evelyn Larter, this lively Baroque anthem is ideal for a choral introit/call to worship, as an anthem of praise or as an anthem for the older children’s choir to sing for Choir Dedication Sunday or Thanksgiving.
- bars 13-14: “and I will praise you forever”
- bars 27-29: “Therefore my tongue shall sing the praises of my King”
- bars 31-35: sung on “lo,O” for tuning the intervals between the two parts
- Rhythm/Meter: Counting/comprehending 3/2 time
- Tuning: Singing thirds in tune (bars 31-32)
- Music History: Learning about a Baroque dance form - Hornpipe (“a lively dance associated with sailors, typically performed by one person.")
- Music History/Instrumental Exploration: Listening to/watching a variety of organ/orchestral performances of Handel’s Hornpipe on YouTube or DVD.
Want to download sheet music & see the whole preview?
We can't give away the farm! To gain full access to the music catalog, become a subscriber! Sign Up