- Text Source: John Milton (1608-1674)
- Worship Use: Praise/Thanksgiving
- Vocal Part(s): Unison treble voices with optional 2nd part
- Vocal Range: d to f#’
- Key: D major – F major – D major
- Meter: 2/2
- Accompanying Instrument: Organ (or piano)
The changing tonalities in this anthem provide wonderful material for teaching more about keys and key relationships. Each two bar phrase, rehearsed in ascending half steps, yields an accessible set of anthem based vocalizes to reinforce memory of melodic fragments. Divided voices occur only in m. 44, m. 46, and mm. 51-54, but accurate tuning is imperative. Practice tuning each individual interval before attempting to put that interval in the context of the bar of music.
Want to download the sheet music?
We can't give away the farm! To gain full access to the music catalog, become a subscriber! Sign Up