Easy radio_button_checked radio_button_unchecked radio_button_unchecked radio_button_unchecked radio_button_unchecked
Grade K-2 Children's Choir (or Easy Access anthem for Grade 3-6 - or ANY age choir) for unison treble voices and violin (or flute or oboe).
- Text Source: What Wondrous Love, attr. Alexander Means; Kyrie eleison
- Tune Source: WONDROUS LOVE, Southern Harmony, 1835
- Worship Use: (World) Communion
- Vocal Part(s): Unison treble voices
- Vocal Range: d to d’
- Key: D Dorian
- Meter: Alternating 3/2 and 2/2
- Teach the choristers to chant the text (using correct singing diction) of the Kyrie eleison section; talk about the meter.
- Teach the choristers to sing the Kyrie eleison melody with text.
- Teach the body of What Wondrous Love phrase by phrase, in rhythm, to the choristers; pay close attention to tuning melodic intervals.
- Teach each phrase with text and melody together.
- Integrate the sections of the anthem together, reinforcing their memory of the numbers of beats between sections.
- Practice the anthem with the violin several during several rehearsals before attempting to use this anthem in worship. (Be prepared in case your choristers need to have their melody line reinforced by the organ or another instrument.
Want to download sheet music & see the whole preview?
We can't give away the farm! To gain full access to the music catalog, become a subscriber! Sign Up