SJMP will award a grant to a church starting or revitalizing a music program. The purpose of this grant is to support new programs or established music ministries that are adding a new element by offering resources and professional support.
Kevin Simons, owner of SJMP says, “Serving small churches has always been part of the mission of St. James. But amid the pandemic, the need to reimagine, renew, and support church music is needed more than ever. We want to help some of these efforts get off the ground with resources and professional support so that clergy, staff, and volunteers can do what they do best… minister to their congregations through great music.”
SJMP will award a grant to a church starting or revitalizing a choir program on August 1 of 2023. The purpose of this grant is to support new or fledgling music programs by offering resources and professional support.
Elements awarded in the grant include:
- Complimentary 1-Year Membership to SJMP
- $1000 - To support ministry needs
- Quarterly program consultations with SJMP colleagues meant to help recipients maximize their SJMP Membership, discuss program challenges, and celebrate/build upon program successes.
Funds are used at the discretion of the grant recipient and may include, but are not limited to:
- New equipment
- Instrument repair
- Retreat Funds
- Improvements to worship or rehearsal space
- Must be located in the United States
- Be an established Non-Profit organization
- Starting a new choir ministry OR revitalizing an existing ministry
- Recipients of the SJMP New Choir / Revitalization grant may not apply again in the following calendar year
- Recipients must submit an impact report by August 1, 2024.
- Deadline for Submission: June 30th, 2023
- Download application here.
- Answer all questions presented on the application
- Upload your finished PDF application here.
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.