- Text Source: paraphrase of the Agnus Dei text from the Mass (in English)
- Vocal Part(s): Unison
- Vocal Range: e flat – f’
- Key: F major
- Meter: 3/4
- Accompanying Instrument(s): Piano
- Target Age Group: Grades K-2 or Grades 3-6
Description: Lamb of God is immediately memorable, readily memorized and gratifying for younger choristers to sing in worship. This anthem is a welcome addition to the young choir’s repertoire for Communion, Lent, and Holy Week.
- bars 13-20: pitch accuracy
- bars 39-42: pitch accuracy, esp. descending melodic augmented fourth (bars 40-41)
- Vocal Production: Learning to sing longer phrases, breath support
- Intervallic Tuning: Tuning melodic intervals
- Interpretation: Singing with dynamics; shaping phrases
Lamb of God, who takes our sin away,
Lamb of God, have mercy on us, we pray.
Lamb of God, Lamb who takes our sin away,
Lamb of God, grant us your peace this day. Amen.