- Text Source: Sarum Primer, 1538
- Worship Use: General/Prayer/Communion/Baptism/Funeral
- Vocal Part(s): Unison
- Vocal Range: f-e flat’
- Key: F major
- Meter: 3/4
- Accompanying Instrument(s): Violin (or violoncello) and piano (or harp)
Target Age Group: Grades K-2 or Grades 3-6
Description: God Be in My Head is ideal as an selection for worship benediction or as a choral benediction at the conclusion of each week’s rehearsal. Although some of the phrases are somewhat long for younger children, this may serve as a useful vehicle for working on lengthening phrases your younger choristers are comfortable singing.
- bars 37-38: pitch accuracy
- bar 33-36: pitch accuracy
- Vocal Production: Learning to sing longer phrases, breath support
- Intervallic Tuning: Tuning melodic intervals
- Interpretation: Singing with dynamics; shaping phrases
Want to download the sheet music?
We can't give away the farm! To gain full access to the music catalog, become a subscriber! Sign Up