- Text Source: Sarum Primer, 1538
- Worship Use: General/Prayer/Communion/Baptism/Funeral
- Vocal Part(s): Unison
- Vocal Range: f-e flat’
- Key: F major
- Meter: 3/4
- Accompanying Instrument(s): Violin (or violoncello) and piano (or harp)
Target Age Group: Grades K-2 or Grades 3-6
Description: God Be in My Head is ideal as an selection for worship benediction or as a choral benediction at the conclusion of each week’s rehearsal. Although some of the phrases are somewhat long for younger children, this may serve as a useful vehicle for working on lengthening phrases your younger choristers are comfortable singing.
- bars 37-38: pitch accuracy
- bar 33-36: pitch accuracy
- Vocal Production: Learning to sing longer phrases, breath support
- Intervallic Tuning: Tuning melodic intervals
- Interpretation: Singing with dynamics; shaping phrases
God be in my head and in my understanding.
God be in my eyes and in my lo,Oking.
God be in my mouth and in my speaking.
God be in my heart, and in my thinking.
God be at my end, and at my departing.