Target Age Group: Grades 3-6
Difficulty: Moderate (for the singers), Moderately Difficult (for the pianist)
Description: Since this was the first hymn sung at the 2011 wedding of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, we thought it would be an ideal inclusion in our catalog and Viva Voce curriculum for 2011-2012. Arranger Wes Ramsay imaginatively captures the character of this well-known Welsh hymn tune in both the pacing of the anthem and the expertly woven piano accompaniment. This selection is appropriate as a choral introit/call to worship or anthem of praise, particularly well suited for the older children’s choir to sing for Choir Dedication Sunday or Thanksgiving.
- bars 9-10: “pilgrim through this barren land”
- bars 17-18: “feed me till I want no more”
- Rhythm/Meter: Changing tempos in bars 39-55
- Tuning: Singing melody line accurately against countermelodies in the piano accompaniment
- Music History: Learning about Welsh hymn singing tradition and Welsh hymn tune
- Music History Exploration: Listening to/watching a variety of performances of Welsh hymns by Welsh choirs on You Tube or DVD or CD
Want to download sheet music & see the whole preview?
We can't give away the farm! To gain full access to the music catalog, become a subscriber! Sign Up