- Text Source: Matthew 21:9
- Worship Use: Palm Sunday
- Vocal Part(s): Unison (with opt. 2nd part)
- Vocal Range: e flat – f’
- Key: B flat major
- Meter: 4/4
- Accompanying Instrument(s): Organ
Target Age Group: Grades K-2 or Grades 3-6
Description: Hosanna! is an exuberant anthem, intended as a Palm Sunday alternative to the (too) frequently sung Christan Gregor Hosanna. Baroque in style, and easily learned by the youngest choristers, this selection is perfect as a choral introit or anthem on Palm Sunday. The echo bars (bars 14, 16, 19-20) may either be sung antiphonally by a small group of children, sung by the entire choir, played by the organ only (as we demonstrate in the recording) or improvised in four-part harmony by an adult choir.
- bars 13, 15: pitch accuracy
- bars 20-22: pitch accuracy
- Intervallic Tuning: Tuning melodic intervals
- Interpretation: Singing with dynamics
Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.