Grade 3-6 Children's Choir (or any age choir) for unison treble voices (with opt. second part) and organ.
- Text Source: Text from Chapter 9, Homily on the Pasch, Melito of Sardis (d. ca. 180)
- Vocal Part(s): Unison with optional second part
- Vocal Range: d-f’
- Key: D tonic with shifting key center
- Meter: 4/4
- Accompanying Instrument: Organ
- Melodic fragment, m. 8-9 (sol-do-ti-sol)
- Melodic fragment, m. 29-32
- Listening for and understanding shifting key center
- Executing tempo change, m. 67-68
It is I, says the Christ, I who have destroyed Death, and triumphed over the enemy! I have brought you to the heights of heaven. I, your purification, I, your life, I, your resurrection, I, your light, I, your salvation, I, your King!