Easy radio_button_checked radio_button_unchecked radio_button_unchecked radio_button_unchecked radio_button_unchecked
Grade K-2 Children's Choir (or Easy Access anthem for Grade 3-6 - or ANY age choir) for unison treble voices and piano (or organ).
- Text Source: Psalm 100:1-2, paraphrased
- Worship Use: Praise/Thanksgiving
- Vocal Part(s): Unison treble voices
- Vocal Range: f to d’
- Key: D major with F Lydian
- Meter: 4/4
- Teach the choristers to speak the text (using correct singing diction) of the A section in rhythm. Discuss the meaning of the phrase Jubilate Deo.
- Teach the choristers to sing the A section melody, phrase by phrase, on the syllable “lo,O”. Pay close attention to their accuracy level on the first phrase of melody.
- Teach each phrase with text and melody together; pay close attention to both diction and pitch accuracy.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the B section and coda.
- Integrate the sections of the anthem together, reinforcing their memory of the number of measures of rests between sections.
- Practice repeatedly with accompaniment.
Sing a song of praise, Jubilate Deo!
Sing a song of praise to the Lord our God;