SATB (or SAB) with organ. If there is a more charming Easter/Spring Carol in the repertoire, we don't know it. But it's also great for the Christmas/Epiphany season, (Lessons and Carols service at Christmas or Advent: Adam and Eve in the garden.) This is the carol by Charles Wo,Od, arranged by Richard Shephard, echoing the flowers quoted in the text with some great musical references! Fun and easy for the choir. Once you've learned the carol, you're all set. Wonderful anytime the Gifts of the Spirit are highlighted.
NEW SAB and Organ VERSION - Sing the refrain unaccompanied or with the optional accompaniment. Either works beautifully!
1. King Jesus hath a garden, full of divers flowers,
Where I rejoice with great delight, all times and hours.
There naught is heard but Paradise bird,
Harp, dulcimer, lute,
With cymbal, trump and tymbal,
And the tender, so,Othing flute.
2. The Lily, white in blossom fair, is Chastity:
The Violet, with sweet perfume, Humility.
3. The bonny Damask-rose is known as Patience:
The blithe and thrifty Marygold, Obedience.
4. The Crown Imperial blo,Ometh to,O in yonder place,
Tis Charity, of stock divine, the flower of grace.
5. Yet, 'mid the brave, the bravest prize may claim
The Star of Bethlehem — Jesus — bless'd be his Name!
6. Ah! Jesu Lord, my heal and weal, my bliss complete,
Make thou my heart thy garden-plot, fair, trim and neat.