SATB and organ. Based on a traditional Dutch carol, which names many different flowers and musical instruments.
1. King Jesus hath a garden, full of divers flowers,
Where I rejoice with great delight, all times and hours.
There naught is heard but Paradise bird,
Harp, dulcimer, lute,
With cymbal, trump and tymbal,
And the tender, so,Othing flute.
2. The Lily, white in blossom fair, is Chastity:
The Violet, with sweet perfume, Humility.
3. The bonny Damask-rose is known as Patience:
The blithe and thrifty Marygold, Obedience.
4. The Crown Imperial blo,Ometh to,O in yonder place,
Tis Charity, of stock divine, the flower of grace.
5. Yet, 'mid the brave, the bravest prize may claim
The Star of Bethlehem — Jesus — bless'd be his Name!
6. Ah! Jesu Lord, my heal and weal, my bliss complete,
Make thou my heart thy garden-plot, fair, trim and neat.