- Text Writer: Carol Mc,Clure
- Worship Use: Christmas
- Vocal Part(s): Unison
- Vocal Range: d-d’
- Key: F major
- Meter: 6/8
- Accompanying Instrument(s): Piano
Target Age Group: Grades K-2
Description: Little Hands, composed for our Viva Voce curriculum, is a charming anthem for younger children’s voices. Appropriate for Christmas Eve.
- bars 13-14: pitch accuracy of ascending D minor pentachord
- bars 15-17: pitch accuracy of descending D minor triad and ascending scales steps 6-7-8 (mm. 16-17)
- Vocal Production: Learning to sing longer phrases, breath support; learning to find d’ securely from g (bars 8-9)
- Intervallic Tuning: Tuning ascending and descending scale fragments
- Interpretation: Singing with dynamics; shaping phrases
Little hands that bring us love, come to us from God above;
Come to us this Christmas night, come to us, Lord Jesus Christ.
Hold our hands to guide our way, So might we know your love each day.
Little feet that bring us peace, come to us so strife may cease,
Come to us this Christmas night, come to us, Lord Jesus Christ,
Guide our feet to lead our way, So might we share your peace each day.
Little lo,Oks from eyes that shine, come to us with hope divine,
Come to us this Christmas night, come to us Lord Jesus Christ,
Grant us hope to light our way, So we might live with hope each day.