This Is My Father's World
Moderately Easy radio_button_checked radio_button_checked radio_button_unchecked radio_button_unchecked radio_button_unchecked
- Text Writer: Maltbie Babcock (1858-1901)
- Included Hymn Tune: TERRA BEATA
- Hymn Tune Source: English melody, adapted F. S. Sheppard
- Worship Use: General/Praise
- Vocal Part(s): Unison
- Vocal Range: e-e’
- Key: E major
- Meter: 3/4
- Accompanying Instrument(s): Piano (or harp)
Target Age Group: Grades K-2 or Grades 3-6
Description: This Is My Father’s World is ideal as an anthem or call to worship for younger or less experienced choristers. This ethereal setting of TERRA BEATA offers choristers an opportunity to count carefully and to pay close attention to the score, watching for unexpected rests, fermatae, and changes in pace of the familiar melody. This is especially charming when sung with harp accompaniment.
- bars 24-28: changes in tempo
- Vocal Production: Learning to sing longer phrases, breath support
- Rhythm/Meter: Observing changes in tempo
- Intervallic Tuning: Tuning melodic intervals
- Interpretation: Singing with beautiful phrasing
This is my Father’s world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father’s world: I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
His hand the wonders wrought.