li·tur·gi·cal mys·te·ry lə-'tər-ji-kəl mist(ə)rē, n.
1. A religious truth that is incomprehensible to reason and knowable only through divine revelation.
2. Any one of a series of absurd novels featuring choir director/detective Hayden Konig.
Why do people keep dying in the little town of St. Germaine, North Carolina?
It's hard to say. Maybe there's something in the water. Whatever the reason, it certainly has nothing to do with St. Barnabas Episcopal Church! If you are a church musician, a clergy person, sing in a choir, or are just a cozy mystery reader, these books will keep you laughing well into Lent!
Here are some of the musical offerings that have appeared in the books over the years. Go to the Liturgical Mystery site where you can listen/download these liturgical gems!
- The Pirate Eucharist (the "Clown Eucharist" taken to its logical conclusion...)
- Missa di Poli Woli Doodle (just the Kyrie)
- The Weasel Cantata (the only musical treatment of the dietary laws of Leviticus)
- The Banjo Kyrie ('nuff said)
- First Timothy (Let your women keep silence in church...)
- Elisha and the Two Bears (the unknown cantata by Henry Purcell )
- The Mouldy Cheese Madrigal (How often do you get a chance to rhyme "Holy Jesus" with "mouldy cheeses?"