Grade 3-6 Children's Choir (or any age choir) for two-part treble voices and piano (also included - two-part treble voices, piano and handbells).
Now available for SATB Choir.
- Text Source: Jennette Threlfall (1821-1880)
- Included Hymn Tune: MUNICH
- Vocal Part(s): Two-part
- Vocal Range: c#-d’
- Key: D major
- Meter: 4/4
- Accompanying Instrument(s): Handbells and organ, or piano only.
- Melodic fragment, m. 15-16 (mi-la-do-fi -sol)
- Long phrase, m. 59-63
- Tuning of pitches and intervals, m. 47-65
- Breath support for four-measure phrases
Hosanna, loud hosanna, the little children sang.
Through pillared court and temple the lovely anthem rang.
To Jesus, who had blessed them close folded to His breast,
The children sang their praises, the simplest and the best.
From Olivet they followed mid an exultant crowd,
The victor palm branch waving, and chanting clear and loud.
The Lord of men and angels rode on in lowly state,
Nor scorned that little children should on His bidding wait.
“Hosanna in the highest!” that ancient song we sing,
For Christ is our Redeemer, the Lord of heaven our King.
O may we ever praise Him with heart and life and voice,
And in His blissful presence eternally rejoice!